Saturday 12 May 2012

A wonderful Mother's Day present!

Well it is Mother's Day, and that means I get to have what I want for breakfast: PANCAKES! But not just any old pancakes, Jamie Oliver's One Cup pancakes. (Told you I like Jamie Oliver!) These pancakes are so easy to make: 1 egg, 1 cup self-raising flour, 1 cup milk and a pinch of salt.
"But what about the Vegan Carnivore?", I hear you say. Do we make his special non-dairy and no egg pancakes? Well, no! Today is a special day. Today we finally get to do a baked egg challenge! So we will use one egg and some oat milk, and fry in oil and see how it goes....
And......
He was ok!!! Hip hip hooray!!!! We can bake with eggs now!!!!
Don't worry, I'll still write about living with no eggs and occasionally bake no egg recipes. I still have lots of friends who have egg allergies. Plus, that's only baked egg. We aren't up to whole eggs yet....

5 comments:

Beaver said...

Love the picture... om nom nom nom nom

Beaver said...

Love the picture... om nom nom nom nom

Egg Mum said...

Yay!! Any further experiments after this?

Mum of a Vegan Carnivore said...

Sorry Egg Mum for not posting earlier, I didn't get notification of your comment! We've done a few more of our normal recipes using real egg and substituting the dairy and it's all gone well. :)

Mum of a Vegan Carnivore said...

And thank you Beaver for your nice comment :)